Circle of Friends consists of a number of Circles (groups) that work in various ways to support asylum seekers and refugees
COVID 19 impacts has left many asylum seekers and refugees in Australia without any income or health support. Read more about how our Circles are responding to this emergency situation.
Hope’s Cafe Rent Rescue 2.0 Fundraising Dinner
6:30pm 9 April 2021
Join us for dinner, conversation and community to raise money to support our refugee and asylum seeker friends to pay the rent. Sadly many do not receive any income support.
Tickets are $40 which includes a main course. Dessert is available for $8. Wine and beer will be on sale or you can BYO and pay a donation for corkage. Book Tickets via Eventbrite.
The venue, Hopes Street Food, is a social enterprise that provides casual employment and work experience for asylum seekers, migrants and people on low incomes. You can find out more here.
Due to COVID 19 the demand for our support has increased. Loss of employment and lack of Government support means that many asylum seekers and refugees are struggling to buy food or pay rent.
Circle of Friends Australia works toward creating a welcoming Australian community which responds in compassion and generosity to all who seek safety and a new life amongst us, giving them hope and friendship and assisting them to adjust and develop into contributing members of our community.
- Hope’s Cafe has received funding to run a Connect 4 Children initiative on Tuesday mornings, 11 – 12.30pm. The aim …Read More »
- Monica O’Wheel, Chair of Circle of Friends Australia Inc. (COFA), and other members of the COFA Management Committee, have received …Read More »
- Help us to continue supporting refugee families over Christmas Warmest thanks to all our donors who have enabled us to …Read More »
- Over October and November this year, more than 500 Refugees and Asylum Seekers across Australia are being moved out of …Read More »
- The Iranian Women’s Association has launched a petition that says that since COVID-19 has temporarily stopped migration, now is the …Read More »
Circle of Friends Australia are local community groups which support refugees and asylum-seekers living in the community, or visit those in detention. Members of each Circle are volunteers who come from a wide range of backgrounds but share a common commitment to welcoming and assisting new arrivals with the difficult process of establishing themselves in a new country, or with the challenges of detention…Read more
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Assist in welcoming new arrivals to Australia in the compassionate and generous way that we believe Australians are by: