Circle of Friends consists of a number of Circles (groups) that work in various ways to support asylum seekers and refugees
COVID 19 impacts has left many asylum seekers and refugees in Australia without any income or health support. Read more about how our Circles are responding to this emergency situation.
Join Blackwood/Hills Circle of Friends group for screening of Cruella
on Friday 4 June 2021 at Capri Cinema (Goodwood Road, Goodwood)
Since January, 30 new referrals for help have come to the Rapid Response for Refugees Circle. This has stretched us to the limits of our funds. Read more about Circle’s activities.
Make a donation now to help in provide bedding to keep people warm this winter and to keep the people in housing, food and necessary medicines.
Circle of Friends Australia works toward creating a welcoming Australian community which responds in compassion and generosity to all who seek safety and a new life amongst us, giving them hope and friendship and assisting them to adjust and develop into contributing members of our community.
- We have previously posted about the difficulties faced by refugees and asylum seekers through the Covid-19 pandemic. Since then there …Read More »
- Circle of Friends Australia has been supporting Mehreen since she was moved to Adelaide from Nauru to give birth to …Read More »
- Since January, 30 new referrals for assistance have come to the Rapid Response for Refugees Circle (Circle 110) from AMES …Read More »
- Do you work with refugees, asylum seekers and other vulnerable migrants who have minimal support options available to them? Baptist …Read More »
- Hope’s Cafe has received funding to run a Connect 4 Children initiative on Tuesday mornings, 11 – 12.30pm. The aim …Read More »
Circle of Friends Australia are local community groups which support refugees and asylum-seekers living in the community, or visit those in detention. Members of each Circle are volunteers who come from a wide range of backgrounds but share a common commitment to welcoming and assisting new arrivals with the difficult process of establishing themselves in a new country, or with the challenges of detention…Read more
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Assist in welcoming new arrivals to Australia in the compassionate and generous way that we believe Australians are by: