Circle of Friends consists of a number of circles that work in various ways to support asylum seekers and refugees. Member Circles choose their own activities, recruit their own members, decide their own spheres of work and raise their own funds. Each Circle offers different types of assistance, from rent assistance, job assistance, education support, rapid response, family reunions, bridging visa support etc.
To join a Circle, contact the relevant convenor or contact Monica O’Wheel to discuss how you could contribute to Circles of Friends.
The following Circles regularly run fundraising events.
- Blackwood – Hills Circle of Friends (Circle 7)
- Willunga Circle of Friends (Circle 11)
- Pilgrim Circle of Friends (Circle 27)
- St Ignatius Refugee Education Circle (Circle 106)
- Rapid Response Circle (Circle 110)
- Effective Living Centre (Circle 111)
- Lesley’s Circle (Circle 113)
- Circle of Hope (Circle 114)
- Family Reunion (Circle 115)
- Manresa Circle (Circle 117)
- SOS for Asylum seekers (Circle 121)
- Broadview (Circle 122)
All circles report to the Circle of Friends Australia Inc. Board.